Valkyrie Middle College students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in Spartanburg School District Seven
- Successfully complete and submit all required application documents
- Successfully participate in an individual interview with program staff and Converse’s Valkyrie Middle College liaison, or other college representative, and be deemed to be a good match for the program
- Participate in the VMC cohort orientation on the Converse campus together with their parent or legal guardian
- Maintain good academic standing while in the program: Students are expected to be responsible members of the community and to maintain As and Bs in all courses
2021 Application and Enrollment Timeline
- February 25: Completed application packet due to guidance counselor (application plus two academic recommendations)
- Mid March: Admission committee interviews selected candidates
- Late March: All applicants notified of acceptance decision
- Late March/April: Orientation sessions on Converse campus
How to Apply
Begin your application process as early as possible. Note that the student application must be signed by both the student and the parent.
Two academic recommendations are required:
- One current or past high school teacher in the subjects of math, science, social studies, English or world language
- One current or past teacher or counselor
Ask your recommenders to support your application process as early as possible. Provide them with a copy of the academic recommendation form so they can complete their recommendation.
Completed application materials, including the student application and two academic recommendations, are due to your guidance counselor by February 25.
Completing the application is not a guarantee of being interviewed for the program. An admissions committee will screen recent standardized test results, as well as attendance and discipline records, for each applicant. Applicants will be ranked based on their application responses, recommendations, test scores, and other information provided. The highest-ranking applicants will be offered an interview to fill the available seats.
Candidates will be notified of their acceptance decision in late March.