About a Converse Education Degree
Converse Undergraduate Education Majors
- Adult Education
- Child and Family Studies
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Early Childhood
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Music Education
- Special Education
- Emotional Disabilities
- Secondary Education
Accreditation and Assessment
Converse's programs are accredited by the State of South Carolina and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Converse maintains NCATE accreditation under the guidance of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Converse has accepted the challenge of developing and maintaining exemplary programs that lead to initial certification and licensure for our highly-qualified candidates. As an Educator Preparation Provider under the guidance of CAEP, the university is committed to the continuous improvement model, the professional CAEP Standards, and the continual assessment of candidates and the evaluation of programs.
Using valid and reliable measurements, the university collects, collates, and reviews continuous assessment data on each candidate and program. Both pre-service and in-service educators provide the university with the feedback necessary to maintain its nationally recognized programs. Converse’s goal is to provide high-quality instruction and preparatory experiences for educators while demonstrating a measurable impact on student learning in the public schools.
All Converse courses in professional education are designed to help the student meet the concept of the Ideal Educator.
The Ideal Educator:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for individual differences by differentiating instruction for the diverse needs of all learners.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competence in innovative instructional strategies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content and standards by integrating them into planning and instruction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technology and the value of its use by integrating it into a variety of areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competence in assessment and evaluation of students, instruction, and self through the utilization of informal and formal methods.
- Demonstrates skills in management.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward professionalism.
Learn more about Converse’s education programs at https://www.converse.edu/academics/education/