Welcome to Art I at Whitlock Flexible Learning Center. Below you will find our tentative schedule (please note, this schedule is subject to change and assignments may be altered).
Unit 1: Lines
We are learning about Observational Drawing -- drawing from real life.
- Contour Line Drawings of Plants
- Glue and Chalk Drawings of Shoes
- Self-portraits in Mixed Media
Unit 2: Shape & Space
We are learning about Geometric and Organic Shapes and how to create the illusion of 3D depth on a flat surface.
- Abstract Overlapping Shapes
- Notans (Japanese "dark/light" paper cuts)
- 1 point perspective Landscapes/Room Drawings
- 2 point perspective Houses
- Cardboard Relief Sculptures
- Variety & Repetition Grid Drawings
Unit 3: Value & Color
We are learning about the amazing impact Color has on our world and the science behind it.
- Value Scales & Color Swatch Mixing
- Reimagined Color Wheels
- Tonal Drawings using Charcoal
- Grid Enlargements
- Landscape Paintings
Unit 4: Texture & Form
We are learning about 3D objects and how to construct sculptures.
- Mythical Creatures
- Cultural Masks
- Mosaic Mandalas