A Message from Mrs. Ford
I am so honored and humbled to have the opportunity to join such a unique and nurturing school as McCarthy Teszler. I began my career as a teaching assistant in a special education classroom and it is thrilling to come full circle with this opportunity to serve as principal. District 7 has become home for me and feels like family – it is very special to be part of this community as we work together to inspire and equip our students.
All of us at the McCarthy Teszler School are dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing educational environment for our students. We are a special needs school in Spartanburg County dedicated to helping students with learning, social, language, and behavioral challenges and our range of programs address autism, behavioral, speech, life skills and transition needs.
To be an effective teacher, remember that regardless of individual needs, children are first and foremost children—and best practices for young children are best practices for all young children. Here are some ideas to help you set the stage for a great year for everyone.
- Family and community involvement are indispensable factors in increased student performance.
- A safe and supportive school environment is essential for learning.
- Continuous professional development is essential for teacher performance and student progress as a community of learners.
- The curriculum must include standards and challenges that require higher thinking skills.
- Education for all students should be dynamic, embracing technology and delivering success at all levels.
- Student success has its foundation in regular school attendance.
Please contact me at 864-596-8491 or email@example.com if I can be of any assistance.
I am looking forward to working with you – students, families and staff. It is my passion and privilege to provide the very best services to our students so each can reach his/her full leaning potential.
Mrs. Rene Ford