Artist In Residence
Each year Pine Street School contracts seven professional teaching artists to share their expertise with our students. Each grade level spends one week working directly with the teaching artist to learn more about visual art, music, creative movement/dance, theater, or creative writing. Each year, students experience different disciplines so that when they leave Pine Street School, they will have actively participated in seven unique art forms. These teaching artists are paid for by the Arts-in-Basic Curriculum grant as well as our PTO. We are thankful to have such a wonderful PTO that generously matches the money from our grant.
Here are some examples of types of teaching artists we have had in the past:
- Visual Art: printmaking, photography, media arts, circus arts, stained glass, ceramics, instillation art.
- Music: guitar instruction, electronic music, African drumming, folk music & instrument making, environmental music, jazz, harmonica instruction.
- Creative Movement/Dance: African dance, Broadway dance, social dance, clogging, modern dance.
- Theater: pantomime, puppetry, shadow puppetry .
- Creative Writing: poetry, storytelling.