Substitute Teacher Information
Thank you for your interest in serving as a substitute teacher in Spartanburg School District Seven. Several documents must be completed and you must attend a required training session in order to be added to the substitute teacher list. A South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) criminal history report is required for every prospective employee of Spartanburg School District Seven.
Minimum Qualifications for Substitute Teaching
- 2 years of college or 60 credit hours
- Required training session
- Retired District 7 certified teachers are exempt from training except for annual training required by all staff
Please submit the following information to the District office once you have completed the application.
1. A tuberculin skin test that has been completed within the last year.
2. Copies of transcripts/diplomas to verify your educational background.
3. Two references that are familiar with your work performance. You MUST provide emails for your references via the application process.
Rate and Method of Payment
Teacher Substitutes: $125.00/day
Teacher Assistant Substitutes: $90.00/day
Substitute Nurse: $125.00/day