Traffic & Safety
Providing and maintaining a secure and safe campus for both our faculty and our students is one of our top priorities here at Jesse Boyd Elementary. We request everyone’s assistance in providing our students a safe place to learn and our faculty a safe place to teach. Please review the information below:
- It is unlawful for any non-student to be on school grounds at any time without permission of the principal. Visitors must go directly to the main office to state their business as soon as they arrive on campus.
- Jesse Boyd's entire campus is a smoke/tobacco free campus (including vapors and Ecigarettes). Please refraim from any use of those products on school grounds.
- Visitor’s passes are not issued without the principal’s permission.
- Jesse Boyd Elementary School utilizes School Check-In software. Please have your state issued driver’s license/I.D. with you when you enter the building.
- Visitor’s passes must be worn in a visible location upon your person the entire time you are in the building.
- You must sign in and out when visiting our school.
- We respectfully request that your cell phones be turned off while you’re inside the building.
- Students are not allowed to have visitors at school at any time.
- Students who are absent or suspended from school are not to be on school premises.
- Pursuant to the passing of Act 373 of 1994, all persons entering a public school property consents themselves to a search of their person, with or without probable cause, and their effects including without limitation, lockers, desks, vehicle, and personal belongings such as purses, book bags, wallets, and satchels.
- When visiting our campus please secure your vehicles and do not leave valuables visible in your vehicle. School District Seven and Jesse Boyd Elementary School are not liable for any lost or stolen property or any damage to you vehicle while on school grounds.
LOADING/UNLOADING OF STUDENTS
Car drop off is behind the school. The car line opens at 7:15am and will close promptly at 7:45am. At 7:30am, the second drop off opens. This is for our students in K and 1st grade; however, K and 1st grade students arriving before 7:30 may be dropped off in the 2-5 loop that opens at 7:15.
- All parties should remain in their vehicles at all times
- Drop-off/pick-up areas to be used by parents are the side carpool loop.
- When using the front parking lot for dropping off/picking up, no thru traffic is allowed in the parking areas. Please follow the flow of traffic around these parking areas to the front of the school. Students should utilize the cross walk when crossing to the school.
- We ask for safety of drivers, that parents not be on cell phones either through talking or texting. Not only is this make for dangerous conditions for our students, we want drop off and pick up to be a great time of conversations between you and your student.
- JBE is a smoke/tobacco free school and this includes Vapes and Ecigarettes. This does include use of those products in the car while on JBE campus. Please refrain from using those products while on our campus, even when waiting in your car during drop off/pick up.
- We also ask that music in your vehicle be turned down relatively low. Loud music is a distraction for our students and we want drop off/pick up to be as safe as possible.
DROP OFF BEGINS EACH MORNING AT 7:15AM.STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING PRIOR TO 7:15AM.
- Our walkers are picked up at the front of the school.
- All 5K and 1st grade students must be picked up by an adult. These students may not walk home alone. If an older sibling is to walk them home, we need to have a note from the parent stating that the younger sibling is allowed to walk home with the older student.
- Parking in the front parking lot is reserved for guests entering the building. We do not allow those picking up walkers to park in that lot for safety reasons.
- Any parent picking up walkers by parking cars on the street, will need to go to Webber Road and take a left to exit Fernwood Glendale. Uturns are not allowed and the apartment complexes and Fernwood Condos have also asked that their parking lots not be used as parking or for turning around.