Phone: (864) 586-7948
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Non-profit Administration M.Ed. School Counseling
Hello there! My name is Kenneth Smith and I am your school counselor! Your child's success academically, social-emotionally, and in career awareness, is my highest priority! To overcome their challenges, I purposefully synergize 10 years of experience in education; a Bachelor's of Arts Degree from the University of South Carolina in Non-profit Administration; and a Master’s of Education Degree from the University of the Southwest in School Counseling. Additionally, I am an 8 year, United States Navy Veteran, with diverse cultural experiences from all over the world, to help unlock and enrich your child's potential.
I see myself, my wife, and my 4 children in your children as a Spartanburg District 7, Class of 1991 graduate. My wife and my children are Vikings. We are blue and gold through and through! Your children are our future Vikings, and I want to help them discover and reach their greatest potential. To that end, it is one of the top honors of my life to take part in that journey, through providing school counseling services to your child and our school community.
Some services I provide as a school counselor include:
- Collecting academic, attendance, behavioral and social-emotional data
- Collaboratively, identifying educational gaps and needs of our students
- Implementing interventions and supports for students
- Individual short-term counseling
- Parent & Teacher Consultation
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Group Counseling (self-regulation, social skills, grief, family changes, etc.)
- Community resource referrals for long-term counseling
Lastly, I want you to know that you are not alone! I will do everything I can to find and connect your child or you, with the help that is needed.
I am here for you! Let's have a great school year, together!
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!