Pine Street School News
Pine Street Annoucements
New Student Orientation, Meet the Teacher and Pre-Pay Day
Friday, August 17, 2018
- 9:00 AM - New Student (Grades 1-5) Orientation - In the Media Center
- 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM - PEP at St. Johns Luthern Church -
- 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM - Meet the Teacher! Find your new classroom, drop off supplies and catch up with friends!
- 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM - Pre-Pay for lunch, join PTO, buy a yearbook, shop for new PSS gear at our "Spirit Shop."
First Day Back - Monday, August 20, 2018
- 7:10 AM Doors Open on the Pine Street Side Only
- 7:30 AM Doors Open on the Boyd Street Side
- 7:45 AM Students can go into classrooms
- 8:00 AM All students (Grades 1-5) should be "Seated and Ready to Learn!"
- Kindergarten students need to follow the "Staggered Start Schedule" that was sent in the mail.
- 2:25 PM Dismissal begins
Ms. Veneal Williams is PSS Support Staff Member of the Year!
You probably see her on a regular basis, the funny, quick-witted, spunky, chocolate-loving, coffee-making lady we all know as Mrs. Williams! This year, Mrs. Williams was named Pine Street School’s Support Staff Member of the Year! Each day you will find her standing at the circulation desk in the media center, returning books to the shelves, or helping our sweet children find their “just right” books. That is just a few of the things that we "see" her doing. There is so much more that she does in the "background" as the media assistant in a bustling library of over 15,000 books. Mrs. Williams is a self-less individual that truly knows what it means to have the heart of a servant. There is not a day that goes by that we don’t appreciate everything she does in our wonderful school to help students, teachers, and parents! She's simply the best!
PSS Teacher of the Year is Mrs. Lori Patterson!
Mrs. Patterson is our Music Education teacher for third through fifth grade. Having over 19 years of classroom experience enables Mrs. Patterson to work with both the Fine Arts faculty as well as classroom teachers to better infuse the arts into the regular classroom setting while strengthening the core curriculum. Her enthusiasm for the arts is displayed through her willingness to embrace many strategies for teaching from technology to instructional design. As a graduate of the University of South Carolina Columbia with degrees in Music Education and Vocal Performance, she is charged with leading the team that writes our DAP Grant and ABC Grant each year, as well as leading the Pine Street Singers. This year alone, she has taken the Pine Street Singers to perform before the Harlem Globetrotters and had multiple students selected for the SC Elementary Honor Choir. Mrs. Lori Patterson is married to Noel Patterson, and they have two beautiful children, Logan (9th grade) and Lauren (5th grade) who both attend District Seven schools.
As we salute the Class of 2018 and their recent graduation - we also pause to celebrate the news that Spartanburg High School has recently been named in the top echelon of all high schools in the nation.
Follow Us on Instagram
634 Followers, 613 Following, 121 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Pine Street Elementary School (@pinestreetschool)